Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Ramble

A ramble through my brain - that's sort of what this blog will be like. I am hyper because it is actually warm out - I had my office window open all afternoon. I cannot believe how the warmth and smell of warm air can so lift my spirits. My office partner Phil, was like a 2 year old this afternoon - he is excited to go out and golf with a friend tomorrow. My brother tried to bring me down (thanks Jim!) by telling me a big snow storm is coming next week. But I'm just going to pretend he didn't say that. Tonight I'm going to paint my toe nails RED, and if it's above 50 tomorrow I'm wearing sandals to show them off.

My niece mentioned that I wasn't on here much lately, which is true. We were in Schaumberg this weekend visiting Josh and Megan, and I had a very busy week prior to leaving. I need my alone woman time and there is no alone time when you go visiting. Sunday night when we got home I was crabby so I sent myself to bed early. Did the same on Monday when I should have been getting groceries. Tuesday night I went for a mammogram - I thought it had only been 2 years but it was 3! Who wants to write on a blog when you come home after having your breast slapped on a plate like it was a piece of meat and then squeezed tight till you can hardly stand it! Last night was Bible Study and then LOST, so it feels really good to just have some free time right now. Well, it's not really free time, I need to do wash, but I plan to luxuriate in the hot tub while waiting for that first load and then hey, I can do anything I want, which is just the way I like it! :-)

3 comments:

Tonia said...

See I think having your breasts slapped around is perfect blogging material :-)

It's gorgeous out at the moment and I seized the opportunity to cut back the mums and the tall grass thingy. I need to make room for my bulbs to peek their noses out. I LOVE the spring flowers. I did see little shoots, so there should be crocuses before too long.

Barb Terpstra said...

Tonia, I haven't been commenting much, but still enjoying your blog so much :-)

Lara Parent Photography said...

This is a VERY interesting, heartwarming and entertaining ramble! I loved this air too....the sun has been exquisite. I think if we like in SoCal or somewhere sunny all the time, I'd probably not appreciate and respond to it so happily!
Let's make a plan over SB and all ramble together!