Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Walk on the Beach


I meandered to the beach tonight. It was such beautiful weather, and who knows how long it will last. My plan was to sit on the swing and watch the sunset, but the swing was too tight, and my legs were too long, so it wasn't very comfortable. Instead, I perched on a picnic table on a small hill by the side of the channel. I was surrounded by a stand of Aspens. As the light breeze blew through the Aspens you heard a sound like a light rain on your rooftop. It was so relaxing. The sun was low in the sky and it looked so pretty through a screen of beach grass. I would have liked to have placed my bed there for the night, it was such a perfect setting. There were no clouds, so the sunset was basically a line of pink above the water, but soon, when real Fall hits, and the clouds are hanging low in the sky they will be lit with shades of gold. One of my favorite times of year. So funny, watched the sunset, and walked home with the moon which was shining very brightly from the sun's light. About halfway home I started to hear the tree toads. I love the sound of tree toads, which is kind of weird cuz some of them sound like squeaky tennis shoes on the gym floor, and some of them sound like two sticks rubbing or tapping together. Here and there you would hear the techy sound of a cricket, and sometimes the chirping that a cricket makes. Throw in the sound of a dog barking here and there and it sounded suspiciously like music!

No comments: