Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Babs Bon Mots Book Store

So, I'm perusing other people's blogs, and I think I need my own bookstore.

If I had my own bookstore I would require that my employees read while working. After all, it is important to model the importance of reading to all people, and everyone knows, when you are shopping for a book, it is usually best to do so without the interference of other people. Naturally employees would lay their book down to assist with purchases (providing they are not at a very exciting part in the book). To aid in their book search, I would employ a computer look up system similar to what we have at the library, making it very easy to see if we have their special book in stock, and exactly where to find it.

I would have a perpetual book club room where you could stop by for wine and chocolate, or mochas and chocolate, or milk and chocolates (there will definately be chocolates) and talk about books with other bibliophiles. (It is possible we could have some healthy snacks, but, that really is debatable.)

Naturally the bookstore will be filled with comfy chairs, and pillows, and maybe even couches.We will stick to the motto of "Snack, Nap, Read" (I think this may need to be made into a quilt). This very important life lesson should begin as soon as a reader is born (if not before)!

Are any of my friends willing to finance this endeavor?

1 comment:

Lara Parent Photography said...

I wanna work there! Utopia!!! I especially like the part about the great parts in a book coming before the checkout/cash collection! Too funny!