Saturday, December 27, 2014

Great Young Adult Read For All Ages

Code Name Verity (Code Name Verity, #1)Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was a really excellent book that I highly recommend. It was very real, and I loved the author's note at the end:
"This is meant to be a historical note, and it pains me to admit that Code Name Verity is fiction--that Julie Beaufort-Stuart and Maddie Brodatt are not actually real people, but merely products of my adventure-obsessed brain."
This book is not just about these two women and their friendship, but also about the role women played in the war. It's not just about the role women played in the war, but about doing the hard, but right thing (something that is sadly lacking in our society today). It is also a story about mixed identities and loyalty. It's about Cruelty and Courage, and yes, I mean to capitalize those words.

I read Code Name Verity twice, and it is reluctantly on it's way to the library now.

View all my reviews

No comments: