Saturday, May 14, 2016

Ove is a Decent (Albeit Grumpy) Man

A Man Called OveA Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

There is something about this book that was really endearing. Parts are amusing, parts are touching, and the book is full of characters that form unexpected connections.

I was reminded to appreciate and celebrate the decent and good people among us.

Everyday we are bombarded with news stories about the evil, ignorant and mean people that choose to treat people badly. One would think we have no decent people anywhere in the world. But we can choose to be decent.

I think that's what I liked most about this story. Do people make mistakes? Yes. Do people judge others? Yes. But, if we as a people dig a little deeper, will we find a connection with people instead of following our prejudices? Yes, if we choose to.


View all my reviews

No comments: