Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Bride of Frankenstein

No, this is not a book I've just read, rather, it's what I think I looked like prior to going to bed Friday night. After starting the week with a kidney stone and an emergency visit to the hospital on Tuesday morning, I ended the week at a sleep clinic. It was so strange sleeping in a "hotel room" without any other family members. I am so sad that I didn't bring my camera so you could have all had a view of what I looked like! About 15 wires attached to my scalp, more on my neck and chest, 2 on each of my legs, and monitors wrapped around my chest and abdomen, and some sort of tube thing similar to the oxygen tubes people wear in the hospital around my face and nostrils. I was a vision in loveliness! Then you lay down and lights out. Your technician's voice comes floating into the air--move your eyes to the right, to the left, up and down. Open your eyes, close your eyes, wiggle your toes, etc. Then you go to sleep, while they video and monitor you for the night. This freaked some of my friends out, but it didn't really bother me. Then at 6 "the voice" wakes you, it's time to get unhooked, shower and go home. It will be interesting to hear the results (2 weeks from now).

No comments: