Saturday, July 9, 2011

A "Can't Put It Down" Book

Harvesting the HeartHarvesting the Heart by Jodi Picoult

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I like Jodi Picoult's books, but this one I just could not put down. I started it on Thursday night, and stayed up way past my bedtime, reluctantly putting it away as I had to get up and go to work on Friday.

Friday night did my chores as quick as I could, anticipating the time I could sit down and finish it!

Paige's mom ran away when she was 5 years old. Paige ran away when she was 18. She's been in love twice, and now she has a baby of her own. Exhausted from caring for her infant while her cardiologist husband puts in long hours at work, she finds that she's losing herself. How can she find herself again, reconcile her past, and reconcile her old self with her new self and her role as mother? How can her heart heal so that she is whole again?

I loved Paige and her questionings, her naivety, and her honesty. I loved that she was an artist, and her special gift that made her art unique. I loved how she loved her dad--actually, how they loved each other.

It's always curious to me how some books pull you in, and others not so much. This one definitely had my undivided attention!

View all my reviews

No comments: