Sunday, October 21, 2012

If You Loved "The Giver". . .

Son (The Giver, #4)Son by Lois Lowry

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was so excited to see that Lois Lowry had written a conclusion to the "The Giver" series. Of the three prior books written ("The Giver", "Messenger" and Gathering Blue"), Giver has been my favorite. I was eager to see what, if anything would be revisited in "Son".

Son is divided into three "books".
  • Book One revisits "The Giver" but from a different perspective.
  • Book Two deals with "Water Claire" and has what I thought was a truly shocking ending. Not sure how I managed to go to bed and wait another whole day to read Book Three.
  • Book Three brings the quartet to conclusion.
I left feeling unsatisfied with the ending (which is why this review is 4 stars and not 5). Not necessarily with how it ended, but it seemed a little rushed to me. I've still been thinking about it though, so I must like it better than I thought.

View all my reviews

No comments: