Saturday, February 16, 2013

A Dollar Store Find!


The Truth About Sparrows The Truth About Sparrows by Marian Hale
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I got this book at the dollar store, for, you guessed it, $1. I liked it so it was a dollar well spent.

As a girl who moved multiple times during her growing up years, I could understand Sadie's angst about leaving her home, best friend, and having to start somewhere new. Her struggle with her angry feelings and her desire to be a good person also resonated with me.

The author did a good job of describing Sadie's feelings as she transitioned from one type of life to another. I would recommend this teen fiction book to both adults and teens.

I enjoyed the interview with the author at the end of the book. When asked what she (the author) wished she could do better, she responded: "Everything! But being imperfect is not such a bad thing. I like to think we're all like jigsaw puzzles with pieces missing here and there. The lessons we learn, the people we meet and come to love, simply fill in the missing pieces and help complete the picture of who we are."

I think this perfectly describes what happened to Sadie in "The Truth About Sparrows".

View all my reviews

No comments: