Saturday, February 16, 2013

Secrets make Good Books!


The Secret KeeperThe Secret Keeper by Kate Morton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was an excellent book, one of Kate Morton's best.

I read this while on vacation so lots of fun stuff interrupted my reading time. If I had been home, I would have probably read this in one day.

Morton will keep you guessing as you read through "Secret Keeper". I read it on my kindle, which kept me from reading ahead. I know many people are appalled to learn how often I read ahead because I am impatient to know what is happening, but it really does not ruin stories for me. In this particular case though, I think the anticipation of getting back to the story and having to wait for then ending added to my enjoyment.

The book revolves around Laurel, her mother, and a secret. We know part of the secret early on, but it is only as you complete the book, that the larger secret becomes known to you. ALong the way you will meet several characters--Dorothy, Vivien, Jimmy, and of course Laurel herself. How their stories entertwine will eventually become clear to you.

If you don't like moving being characters and times, the book may cause a bit of a struggle for you. However, I would still encourage you to give it a try.

I like all of Kate Morton's books, but this was one of my favorites!

View all my reviews

No comments: