Friday, June 14, 2013

More Flavia!

A Red Herring Without Mustard (Flavia de Luce, #3)A Red Herring Without Mustard by Alan Bradley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Flavia's adventures continue. More trouble with her sisters! More murders to solve! More information about her mother.

I like Flavia's sense of self - most of the time she's pretty confident. But, she also has a hole in her life when it comes to her mom. When her sisters torment her and tell her she was unloved, that pierces her heart. I'm looking forward to this area of her life being revealed more in future books. Her relationship with her father is also interesting--they are not openly affectionate with each other, but, in this book especially, it is clear that they love each other.


View all my reviews

1 comment:

Lara Parent Photography said...

Yeah to FDL series!!! Why only 4/5 stars? This is one of my favorites in the series.