Saturday, September 28, 2013

SisterlandSisterland by Curtis Sittenfeld
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This story is about two sisters who have ESP. One of the sisters embraces this aspect of her personality, and the other rejects it. This theme is a consistent undercurrent throughout the book.

In the opening chapters, the book seemed pretty ordinary to me, but as the story went deeper into the lives of the characters, I began thinking, "oh, please, don't let that happen", and then something did happen, but not what I thought. I really can't say much more than that without revealing the story line. Suffice it to say that for the last third of the book for sure, I kept wondering what was going to happen when I turned the page.

I did come away with a favorite quote though, and one that I think is true:
"We all make mistakes, don't we? But if you can't forgive yourself, you'll always be an exile in your own life."
View all my reviews

No comments: