Saturday, September 21, 2013

Creepy Goodness

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

 This book is like Grimm's Fairy Tales for adults. It's a tiny bit creepy and you just want to keep reading to find out what will happen next. I read it in an evening and had to force myself to slow down so I wouldn't miss anything.

I pulled these two quotes from this book because I think they are oh, so true. But, to find the context you'll have to read the book.
"Grown-ups don't look like grown-ups on the inside either. Outside, they're big and thoughtless and they always know what they're doing. Inside, they look just like they always have . . . The truth is, there aren't any grown ups. Not one, in the whole wide world"

"Different people remember things differently, and you'll not get any two people to remember anything the same, whether they were there or not. You stand two of you lot next to each other, and you could be continents away for all it means anything."
View all my reviews

No comments: