Thursday, November 6, 2008

Dinner With A Friend

On Menopause . . .
Today was a good day because I got to have dinner with my friend Vonnie. She is my sister-friend, and we always have a lot of fun. We had some scintillating conversation at Villa Maria. We started with menopause, always a fun subject (unless you are having a menopausal moment at that exact moment!). Just so you younger friends of mine know, this is not exactly a fun experience. The worst part is you get to be crabby so much, and, you cry, and you get to have a lot of interrupted sleep too, with moments of extreme heat in between. Very nice. We were talking about herbal remedies, and that reminded me of a book I have: The Wisdom of Menopause. Just so you know, there really is no such thing as menopausal wisdom, you just pray that you get through it. I think God changes husbands just in time too, because mine has been very patient as I go through my emotional moments! Anyway, I do recommend this book although it is a little new age in spots. For example, when she says it's time to discard those things that are causing disharmony in your life, and then proceeds to tell how she divorced her husband - hmmmm. . . I don't approve of that!

Queen Esther and Beth Moore . . .
In January I will begin a new Bible Study on Esther. Vonnie and I came up with an absolute brilliant idea to have a Queen Esther Bible Study cruise. Our cruise would be limited to women (well, we may allow men on board to cook dinner, bring us books, etc). The first part of Esther deals with extreme pampering . . . a whole year of beauty treatments - 6 months with oil of myrhh and 6 months of sweet spices and perfumes. We would, of course, have to modernize the pampering routines - I'm thinking bubble baths, pedicures, manicures, uninterrupted reading time, naps, lots of chocolate, etc. etc. I do believe that men much prefer plumper women, don't you? So, no need to worry that you would be overindulging at the buffets!

Don't you think this is a marvelous idea? Of course, we would have Bible study time in between so that we pampered our bodies and our souls. The best thing about Esther too, is that she is a smart and clever woman, so she is a great role model for us! Of course, Vonnie and I would plan the Bible study so that we could cruise for free :-)

If, like me, you can't afford to cruise, or even vacation, I suggest a good book from the library, some Mr. Bubble, some music of your choosing, and a locked bathroom door. I recommend that you don't come out of there for at least an hour, and you should decree that your family respect your role as Queen of the house for the evening by attending to your every need!

No comments: