Sunday, January 11, 2009

It's My Birthday!

Well, today it's my birthday. All the good books tell us that ladies don't divulge their age, so don't expect me to tell you!

I followed my annual tradition of taking a day off to shop at Macy's and have lunch with my mom and sister. Since my B-day fell on Sunday this year, that takes a little glee out of that day off!

We went to Bob Evan's for breakfast after church, and now I'm revisiting my youth. When I was growing up we got to choose our favorite meal, and our favorite dessert. So I have Italian Spaghetti simmering on the stove, and homemade parker house rolls rising on the counter. Usually I would have Heath Bar Dessert (A yummy confection of baked meringue frosted with whipped cream and crushed heath bars), but I only just decided to revisit my youth this morning. So, in lieu of Heath Bar I'll have home-made brownies with ice cream and home-made hot fudge for dessert. It is kind of a bummer making your own birthday supper, but since the alternative would be hot dogs or frozen pizza, I'll live with it.

My advice to all birthday people is - don't work on your birthday and create a fun tradition with friends or family :-)

No comments: