Thursday, January 1, 2009

Being Lazy

I'm being very lazy this break. I took vacation days so I could have a full 2 weeks off. Of course, the first week was exhausting, getting ready for Christmas, but now I'm in the 2nd week, and feeling very slothful. According to Webster, a definition for slothful would be indolent, meaning averse to activity, effort or movement. Yup, that's me. Get up, eat, watch mindless TV, take naps. Of course I am getting some things done in between - like making meals, and doing the wash (who wants to be lazy in smelly clothes!), and yesterday I finally picked up a book which I needed to finish (Edgar Sawtelle). A very good book by the way. But overall, I think indolent pretty much describes my state! By the way, for those of you with kids who may be feeling envious of my slothfulness - your day will come! By now, I should be getting bored with all this inactivity, but that hasn't happened yet. Oh well, I am now off to read Twilight, which many of my friends (who by the way are grown women), rave about. I will let you know my thoughts tomorrow (maybe even tonight)!.

2 comments:

Rika Diephouse said...

I think I am enjoying being inert, lacking the ability to move, lacking vigor. AND I am enjoying it way too much!

Lara Parent Photography said...

WOWOWOWOW!
You are going to read it.
Let us know what you think!