Monday, July 6, 2009

A Quote to Ponder

A quote from Dallas Willard (The Spirit of the Disciplines) to ponder:
The world can no longer be left to mere diplomats, politicians and business leaders. They have done the best they could, no doubt. But this is an age for spiritual heroes--a time for men and women to be heroic in their faith and in spiritual character and power. The greatest danger to the Christian church today is that of pitching it's message too low.
Quotes like this really tempt me to buy books (who can read this and not want to read the book!). I'm guessing it's sinful to keep satisfying that lust!

Somehow this makes me think of the battle scene in Lord of the Rings, the one where they really don't think there is any remote chance that they will win or survive, then "light" (Gandolf) parts the way and brings hope. This may seem a little weird to some of you . . .

3 comments:

Tonia said...

I think any time you're reminded of Lord of the Rings it's a good thing.

I read Willard's Divine Conspiracy; it changed my life.

sara said...

That's funny. Babs, we were just talking about that book. Rob Bell lent it to me a few years ago and although I always appreciate Dillard's quotes, I couldn't get through the book. Tonia must be smarter than I am. Is that Tonia E.? I've been hearing I should check out her blog.

Lara Parent Photography said...

This is beautiful>> :)L