Sunday, March 10, 2013

Of Pirates and Kings and Adventure!



The Runaway King (The Ascendance Trilogy, #2)The Runaway King by Jennifer A. Nielsen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This review actually covers both The False Prince and The Runaway King, books one and two of The Ascendance Trilogy. I learned about the series from a friend of mine whose middle school son had recently read Book One and declared it good.

If you have children or students who love adventure, pirates, fighting and intrigue, this is a great series to get them started on. I read both books back to back and now I am so frustrated that I have to wait for Book Three. I want to know what happens next! (I am not known for being a very patient person.)

The royal family is dead and there are no survivors. Three orphans are chosen to impersonate the royal prince who was lost at sea, "resurrected" and become the crowned King. Who will it be? Sage? Roden? Tobias? And what of the Princess Amarinda? Is she friend or foe?

Will the newly crowned King be able to rule his kingdom wisely and well? Will the regents who guide him accept his sovereignty, or will they undermine his rule?

You will have to read the books to find out as I don't want to spoil one minute of your reading pleasure.

View all my reviews

No comments: