Saturday, August 15, 2015

Yeah! Flavia's Back!

As Chimney Sweepers Come to Dust (Flavia de Luce, #7)As Chimney Sweepers Come to Dust by Alan Bradley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm glad to say that Flavia is once again back on the job! I was concerned that with her growing older, and going away to boarding school, we would lose some of the Flavia that I've grown to know and love. Thankfully that was not the case.

Flavia is leaving home to attend boarding school. The unjustness of being banished from her home has laid her spirit low. She even misses her cruel sisters.

Flavia arrives at Miss Bodycote's Female Boarding School in the dead of night. If you are a fan of Flavia, you know that something is bound to happen sooner, rather than later, and you would be right. She's barely asleep when there is a knocking at her door and a body drops from the chimney into the hearth in her room. Before authorities get there, she manages to pocket a small token that was clutched in the body's hand, starting Flavia on her next adventure.

Thoroughly enjoyed this most recent book in the series and the ending made me happy.



View all my reviews

No comments: